Only the Buyers who have purchased the product on Maalgoody are eligible for the Buyer Protection Program. Buyers can file a dispute within 45 days from the date of delivery of the product Any damage or loss to the product after delivery will not be covered under this program and will completely be the Buyer's responsibility. Buyers should refuse to accept delivery if the item is damaged.
To be able to take advantage of the Buyer Protection Program, Buyers should first contact the Seller and attempt to resolve the issue. If the Buyer doesn't hear from the Seller or is unable to resolve the issue with the Seller even after contact, a dispute can be raised with Maalgoody by writing an email support@Maalgoody.com(IF ANY) Fraudulent charges and claims are not covered under Buyer Protection Program If the Buyer has already initiated chargeback through the credit card issuing bank, it will not be covered under Buyer Protection Program, though in such cases a Seller can file a claim through the Seller Protection Program. Blacklisted and Blocked Buyers are not covered by the Buyer Protection Program.
Buyers who have reached their maximum lifetime limit for claims are also not eligible. Buyers can make a maximum of ???? claims per year on Maalgoody. If the claim was withdrawn, it is not counted. Through the Buyer Protection program, Maalgoody does not provide any guarantee/warranty to Buyers for products sold on Maalgoody against manufacturing defects. Raising disputes against Sellers does not automatically entitle the Buyer to a refund or replacement for the product purchased.
Maalgoody shall verify the disputes so raised and may process only such claims that are valid and genuine. Maalgoody shall at no point be responsible for any direct or indirect losses, expenses, costs of any nature whatsoever that may be incurred by any Buyer/Seller. Claims of the nature of 'Buyer remorse' (i.e. instances where products are bought by the Buyer by mistake or where the Buyer chooses to change his/her mind with regard to the product purchased by him) will not be entertained through this program.
Maalgoody reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a User who, files an invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, Maalgoody may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such User and/or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program. Decisions made by Maalgoody under the Buyer Protection Program shall be final and binding on its Users. Maalgoody reserves the right to modify / discontinue Buyer Protection Program without any prior notice period to its Users. Through this program, Maalgoody shall not entertain claims of Buyers who have incurred loss due to delayed shipment or delivery of the item by the Seller.
Maalgoody’s Team may seek additional information / clarification from Buyer to facilitate resolution of the dispute. In the event Buyer does not respond with information / clarification sought within 10 days of such request, the dispute shall be auto-closed in favour of the Seller. Disputes via Chargeback Whenever a chargeback (CB) comes from a payment gateway/bank, following situations may arise:
- Item not received CB - Buyer hasn't received the item. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies
- Unauthorized CB - Buyer hasn't made this particular transaction. Refund will be created in accordance with the dispute policies. Seller expressly agrees that issuing the correct and complete invoice is the sole and primary responsibility of the Seller. Furthermore, Seller shall ensure that invoices state "Powered by Maalgoody" and failing to do so Seller will be liable for chargebacks (as applicable).
- Item not as described - meaning item is not what Buyer expected. Dispute will be decided in accordance with the dispute policies.
You, as a Buyer, understand that upon initiating a Transaction You are entering into a legally binding and enforceable contract with the Seller to purchase the products and /or services from the Seller using the Payment Facility, and You shall pay the Transaction Price through Your Issuing Bank to the Seller using Payment Facility. You, as a Buyer, may agree with the Seller through electronic communication and electronic records and using the automated features as may be provided by Payment Facility on any extension / increase in the Dispatch and/or Delivery time and the Transaction shall stand amended to such extent.
Any such extension / increase of Dispatch / Delivery time or subsequent novation / variation of the Transaction should be in compliance with Payment Facility Rules and Policies. You, as a Buyer, shall electronically notify Payment Facility using the appropriate Maalgoody Website features immediately upon Delivery or non Delivery within the time period as provided in Policies. Non notification by You of Delivery or non Delivery within the time period specified in the Policies shall be construed as a deemed Delivery in respect of that Transaction. In case of Cash On Delivery transactions, Buyer is not required to confirm the receipt of products or services.
You, as a Buyer, shall be entitled to claim a refund of the Transaction Price (as Your sole and exclusive remedy) in case You do not receive the Delivery within the time period agreed in the Transaction or within the time period as provided in the Policies, whichever is earlier. In case you do not raise a refund claim using Website features within the stipulated time than this would make You ineligible for a refund. You, as a Buyer, understand that the Payment Facility may not be available in full or in part for certain category of products and/or services and/or Transactions as mentioned in the Policies and hence You may not be entitled to a refund in respect of the Transactions for those products and /or services Except for Cash On Delivery transaction, refund, if any, shall be made at the same Issuing Bank from where Transaction Price was received. For Cash On Delivery transactions, refunds, if any, will be made via demand draft in favour of the Buyer (As per registration details provided by the Buyer) Refund shall be made in Indian Rupees only and shall be equivalent to the Transaction Price received in Indian Rupees. For electronics payments, refund shall be made through payment facility using NEFT / RTGS or any other online banking / electronic funds transfer system approved by Reserve Bank India (RBI). Refund shall be conditional and shall be with recourse available to Maalgoody in case of any misuse by Buyer. Refund shall be subject to Buyer complying with Policies:
- Maalgoody reserves the right to impose limits on the number of Transactions or Transaction Price which Maalgoody may receive from on an individual Valid Credit/Debit/ Cash Card / Valid Bank Account/ and such other infrastructure or any other financial instrument directly or indirectly through payment aggregator or through any such facility authorized by Reserve Bank of India to provide enabling support facility for collection and remittance of payment or by an individual Buyer during any time period, and reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions exceeding such limit.
- Maalgoody reserves the right to refuse to process Transactions by Buyers with a prior history of questionable charges including without limitation breach of any agreements by Buyer with Maalgoody or breach/violation of any law or any charges imposed by Issuing Bank or breach of any policy.
- Maalgoody may do such checks as it deems fit before approving the receipt of/Buyers commitment to pay (for Cash On Delivery transactions) Transaction Price from the Buyer for security or other reasons at the discretion of Maalgoody. As a result of such check if Maalgoody is not satisfied with the creditability of the Buyer or genuineness of the Transaction or other reasons at its sole discretion, Maalgoody shall have the right to reject the receipt of / Buyers commitment to pay Transaction Price. For avoidance of doubt, it is hereby clarified that the ‘Cash on Delivery’ feature for payment, may be disabled for certain account users, at the sole discretion of Maalgoody.
- Maalgoody may delay notifying the payment confirmation i.e. informing Seller to Dispatch, if Maalgoody deems suspicious or for Buyers conducting high transaction volumes to ensure safety of the Transaction and Transaction Price. In addition, Maalgoody may hold Transaction Price and Maalgoody may not inform Seller to Dispatch or remit Transaction Price to law enforcement officials (instead of refunding the same to Buyer) at the request of law enforcement officials or in the event the Buyer is engaged in any form of illegal activity.
- The Buyer and Seller acknowledge that Maalgoody will not be liable for any damages, interests or claims etc. resulting from not processing a Transaction/Transaction Price or any delay in processing a Transaction/Transaction Price which is beyond control of Maalgoody. Compliance with Laws: 1. As required by applicable law, if the Customer makes a purchase of an amount above INR 1,99,000.00/-, the Customer will be required to upload a scanned copy of his/her PAN card on the Platform, within 5 days of making the purchase, failing which, the purchase made by the Customer will be cancelled. The requirement to submit the PAN card arises only once and if it has been submitted once by the Customer, it need not be submitted again. The order of the Customer shall stand cancelled if there is a discrepancy between the name of the Customer and the name on the PAN Card. 2. Buyer and Seller shall comply with all the applicable laws (including without limitation Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999 and the rules made and notifications issued there under and the Exchange Control Manual as may be issued by Reserve Bank of India from time to time, Customs Act, Information and Technology Act, 2000 as amended by the Information Technology (Amendment) Act 2008, Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 and the rules made there under, Foreign Contribution Regulation Act, 1976 and the rules made there under, Income Tax Act, 1961 and the rules made there under, Export Import Policy of government of India), GDPR applicable to them respectively for using Payment Facility and Maalgoody Website.
1. All Valid Credit / Debit/ Cash Card/ and other payment instruments are processed using a Credit Card payment gateway or appropriate payment system infrastructure and the same will also be governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between the Buyer and the respective Issuing Bank and payment instrument issuing company.
2. All Online Bank Transfers from Valid Bank Accounts are processed using the gateway provided by the respective Issuing Bank which support Payment Facility to provide these services to the Users. All such Online Bank Transfers on Payment Facility are also governed by the terms and conditions agreed to between Buyer and the respective Issuing Bank.
'Return' is defined as the action of giving back the item purchased by the Buyer to the Seller on the Maalgoody website. Following situations may arise:
- Item was defective
- Item was damaged during the Shipping
- Products was / were missing
- Wrong item was sent by the Seller.
Return could also result in refund of money in most of the cases. Definations :
- Replace after shipment collection - Seller has agreed to wait for the logistics team to collect the shipment from the buyer before replacing it)
- Refund after shipment collection - Seller has agreed to wait for the logistics team to collect the shipment from the buyer before refunding)
- Refund without shipment collection - Seller has agreed to refund the buyer without expecting the original shipment back)
- Replace without shipment collection -
- Seller has agreed to replace the order without expecting the original shipment back) Further for returns being made by Buyer to the Seller of the product, the following parameters needs to be ensured by the Buyer:Category Returns Window, Actions Possible and Conditions
|Category||Returns Window, Actions Possible and Conditions (if any)||Category Conditions|
|CLOTHS||30 days Refund, replacement or exchange||No Tags removed, Undamaged and not Used|
|LEATHER||30 days Refund, replacement or exchange||No Tags removed, Undamaged and not Used|
|JEWELLERY||30 days Refund, replacement or exchange||Tags Intact, No Damage|
|TRAVEL||30 days Refund, replacement or exchange||Tags Intact, No Damage|
|HOMES & LIVING||30 days Refund, replacement or exchange||Working as by the seller|
|AYURVEDA||15 days Refund, replacement or exchange||Keep in Packing material with not used More than 5%|
|ART & CRAFT||15 days Refund, replacement or exchange||Tags Intact, No Damage|
|SPICES||15 days Refund, replacement or exchange||Keep in Packing material with not used More than 5%|
If the product being returned is not in accordance with the above parameters, then Buyer shall not be entitled to any refund of money from the Seller. Shipping cost for returning the product shall be borne and incurred by the Seller. Maalgoody Replacement Guarantee* Definition: Replacement is the action or process of replacing something in place of another. A Buyer can request for replacement whenever he is not happy with the item, reason being Damaged in shipping, Defective item, Item(s) missing, wrong item shipped and the like. Maalgoody Replacement Guarantee seeks to assist Buyers who have been defrauded by qualified sellers on the Website. The return policy period ( Maalgoody Replacement Guarantee) depends on the product category and the seller as mentioned at below of this terms and Conditions. If at the time of delivery and/or within the applicable return policy period, if any defect is found, then the buyer of the product/s can ask for replacement of the product/s from the seller subject to the following terms and conditions :
- Notify seller of any defects in the product/s at the time of delivery of the product/s and/or within the applicable return policy period and the same product/s will be replaced in return of the defective product/s.
- Replacement can be for the entire product/s or part/s of the product subject to availability of the same with the seller. Following products shall not be eligible for return or replacement:
a. Damages due to misuse of product;
b. Incidental damage due to malfunctioning of product;
c. Products with tampered or missing serial/UPC numbers;
d. Any damage/defect which are not covered under the manufacturer's warranty
e. Any product that is returned without all original packaging and accessories, including the box, manufacturer's packaging if any, and all other items originally included with the product/s delivered;
On Clothing and Footwear, qualified sellers accept 30 day exchange subject to the following conditions: Clothes and footwear are not used (other than for trial), altered, washed, soiled or damaged in any way. Original tags and packaging should be intact. For items that come in branded packaging, the box should be undamaged. Returns are not applicable for 'Made to order' ____Products______, etc. Damaged or defective or 'Not as described' products in are meanwhile covered by the 30 Day Replacement Guarantee. If Maalgoody has any suspicion or knowledge that any of its buyers and sellers are involved in any activity that is intended to provide claims or information that is false or not genuine, Maalgoody may also, while reserving its rights to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against such member buyers and sellers, at its sole discretion, suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name of such buyers and sellers and/or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program. Customers who have been blocked for any suspicious or fraudulent activity on Maalgoody will not be allowed to return their products. Maalgoody reserves its right to initiate civil and/or criminal proceedings against a user who, files a invalid and/or false claims or provides false, incomplete, or misleading information. In addition to the legal proceedings as aforesaid, Maalgoody may at its sole discretion suspend, block, restrict, cancel the Display Name [and its related Display Names] of such user and/or disqualify that user and any related users from availing protection through this program. Any person who, knowingly and with intent to injure, defraud or deceive, files a Fraudulent Complaint containing false, incomplete, or misleading information may be guilty of a criminal offence and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Points to be noted: 1. Seller can always accept the return irrespective of the policy. 2. If Seller disagrees for a return request, Buyer can file a dispute under Buyer Protection Program*. Buyer needs to raise the replacement request within the return period applicable to the respective product. Once Buyer has raised a replacement request by contacting Us on the Toll Free Number provided on the Website. Once the replacement request has been raised, the following steps shall be followed:
- Buyer is asked for "Reason for Return". Among others, the following are the leading reasons:
- Shipping was damaged
- Item was defective
- Item Dead on Arrival
- Item(s) were missing
- Wrong item sent
- An intimation shall be provided to Seller seeking either "approval" or "rejection" of the replacement request.
- In case the Seller accepts the replacement request, Buyer shall be required to return the product to the Seller and only after return of the product, Seller shall be obliged to provide the replacement product to the Buyer
In case the Seller doesn't have the product at all, Seller can provide the refund to the Buyer and Buyer shall be obligated to accept the refund in lieu of replacement. All the product parameters shall be required to be complied with in cases of replacement. If the Seller doesn't respond to the Buyer's replacement request, within three (3) days from the date of replacement request placed by the Buyer, refund shall be processed in favour of Buyer and Seller shall be liable to refund amount paid to the Seller. All shipping and other replacement charges shall be borne and incurred by the Seller.
Maalgoody prohibits the use of language that is racist, hateful, sexual or obscene in nature in a public area. This policy extends to text within listings, on Seller pages and all other areas of the site that another User may view. If the profane words are part of a title for the item being sold, we allow Sellers to 'blur' out the bulk of the offending word with asterisks (i.e., s*** or f***). Please report any violations of this policy to the correct area for review:
- Report offensive Display Names
- Report offensive language in a listing or otherwise If a feedback comment; or any communication made between Users on the Website; or email communication between Users in relation to transactions conducted on Website contain profanity, please review Our feedback removal policy and submit a request for action/removal.
Disciplinary action may result in the indefinite suspension of a User's account, temporary suspension, or a formal warning. Maalgoody will consider the circumstances of an alleged policy violation and the user's trading records before taking action. Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:
1. Limits placed on account privileges;
2. Loss of special status;
3. Account suspension.
Overview Generally, transactions are conducted smoothly on Maalgoody. However there may be some cases where both the Buyers and Sellers may face issues. At Maalgoody, we have a Dispute Resolution process in order to resolve disputes between Buyers and Sellers. What is a 'dispute'? A 'Dispute' can be defined as a disagreement between a Buyer and a Seller in connection with a transaction on the Website. How does a 'dispute' occur in the Marketplace? Disputes are filed as a result of a disagreement between the Buyer and the Seller. Disputes arise out of an issue that is raised by either party not being completely satisfied with the resolution of their complaint/issue. It is important that before a Buyer/Seller raises a dispute, they should attempt to solve the issue. Please note that whenever a Buyer raises a dispute, the Seller's payment for that order is put on hold immediately until the issue is resolved. How is a 'dispute' created? Whenever there is a disagreement, the Buyer can write to support@Maalgoody.com(IF ANY), while the Seller can write to support@Maalgoody.com(IF ANY), in order to raise a dispute. Disputes can be raised at a particular transaction level. What are the various types of 'disputes'? Following are the indicative examples of potential disputes:
1. Wrong item received
2. Item Not as described
3. Damaged or Seal broken on Product
4. Part/Accessory missing
5. Item not Compatible
6. Seller Description/Specification Wrong
7. Defective (Functional issues)
8. Product not working and Manufacturer claims invalid Invoice In case the Seller rejects the return request of the Buyer, and Buyer raises a dispute, then Maalgoody will try to mediate and resolve the dispute between both the parties and act as a mediator between them. If the dispute is resolved in favour of the Buyer, a refund is provided once the product is returned to the Seller. If the dispute is settled in favour of the Seller, Buyer is not entitled to any refund.
- Limits on account privileges
- Account suspension
- Cancellation of listings
- Loss of special status
Other Businesses Maalgoody does not take responsibility or liability for the actions, products, content and services on the Website, which are linked to Affiliates and / or third party websites using Website's APIs or otherwise. In addition, the Website may provide links to the third party websites of Our affiliated companies and certain other businesses for which, Maalgoody assumes no responsibility for examining or evaluating the products and services offered by them. Maalgoody do not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of such third party website(s). Maalgoody does not endorse, in any way, any third party website(s) or content thereof. Maalgoody Infringement Verification - Reporting Listing Violations Maalgoody has put in place Maalgoody Infringement Verification process so that intellectual property owners could easily report listings that infringe their rights. It is in Maalgoody's interest to ensure that infringing products are removed from the site, as they erode Buyer and good Seller trust.
- If you are a Verified Rights Owner and want to report a listing issue, see Maalgoody's FIV. Note: Only the intellectual property rights owner can report potentially infringing products or listings through FIV. If you are not the intellectual property rights owner, you can still help by getting in touch with the rights owner and encouraging them to contact us.
- If your listing was removed through FIV, and you believe that your listing was removed in error, please contact us. Maalgoody does not and cannot verify that Sellers have the right or ability to sell or distribute their listed products. However, Maalgoody is committed to removing infringing or unlicensed products once an authorized representative of the rights owner properly reports them to Maalgoody. FIV works to ensure that item listings do not infringe upon the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights of third parties. FIV participants have the ability to identify and request removal of allegedly infringing products and materials. Any person or company who holds intellectual property rights (such as a copyright, trademark or patent) which may be infringed upon by products listed on Maalgoody is encouraged to become a FIV member. Program membership entitles you (Verified Rights Owner) to the following benefits:
- Rapid response by Maalgoody in ending listings reported by you (as the Verified Rights Owner) as allegedly infringing
- Dedicated priority email queues for reporting alleged infringements
- The ability to obtain identifying information about Maalgoody's users'